Henry Morriello is active in all areas of finance, including structured finance and derivatives, transportation finance, and financial regulatory matters.
In the area of structured finance and derivatives, Mr. Morriello represents clients in US and international term securitization and commercial paper conduit transactions involving residential and commercial mortgage loans, corporate loans, marketplace loans, equipment leases, student loans, auto paper, trade receivables, aircraft and railcar loans and leases, intellectual property royalties and esoteric assets. He also represents clients in structuring and restructuring fixed income and credit derivatives of all types, including credit default swaps and total return swaps.
In the area of transportation finance, Mr. Morriello has significant experience in operating asset securitization (both aircraft and railcar), aircraft credit facilities, aircraft and railcar loan and lease ABS transactions, and purchases and sales of aircraft and aircraft loan portfolios.
On the regulatory side, Mr. Morriello is often approached by major financial institutions to help them navigate complex transaction structures and compliance procedures in response to the Dodd-Frank Act, the European and US versions of risk-retention requirements, bank capital and liquidity requirements, and compliance with swaps and commodity pool regulation.
Mr. Morriello has represented global financial institutions in groundbreaking governmental financial assistance transactions, troubled financial asset portfolio sales and liquidations. He has been active in representing investment funds and financial institutions in the purchase and financing of financial assets.
Mr. Morriello is a frequent lecturer at conferences across the country and abroad on topics that include asset/mortgage securitization, marketplace lending, single-family rental securitization, structured product workouts and restructurings, transportation finance, real estate finance, and alternative investments.
- Chambers Global Capital Markets: Securitization (USA) (2009-2018)
- Chambers USA Capital Markets: Securitization (Nationwide) (2008-2017)
- The Legal 500 US Structured Finance (2014-2017) Asset Finance and Leasing (2014-2017)
- Best Lawyers Securitization and Structured Finance Law (2010-2018)
- Expert Guides: Best of the Best USA Structured Finance and Securitisation (2017)
- Expert Guides: Banking, Financial and Transactional Law Guide Structured Finance and Securitization (2013)
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association