Lawton M. CampArnold and Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
Lawton Camp has a broad range of structured finance and securitization experience, including representing underwriters and other arrangers, originators and issuers, credit enhancers, and investors in a wide variety of securitizations, structured products, and covered bonds. These include mortgage-backed securities and securitizations of credit card, trade, lease, and consumer finance receivables; small business loans; auto loans; export credit agency (ECA) loans; and emerging market “future flows.” Mr. Camp has also advised on the structuring of REITs, CLOs, EETCs, catastrophe bonds, cash and synthetic collateralized debt obligations, and various derivative instruments and structured products.
Mr. Camp has represented issuers and dealers on several US, Canadian, and European bank debt and covered bond programs, including advising the dealers on the first-ever registration of a covered bond program with the US Securities and Exchange Commission for Royal Bank of Canada.
Most recently, Mr. Camp has been very involved in structuring warehouse facilities and securitizations relating to various marketplace lending platforms.
Mr. Camp is a frequent speaker and author on structured finance and securitization topics.
· Chambers Global Capital Markets: Securitization (USA) (2014-2018)
· Best Lawyers Securitization and Structured Finance Law (New York) (2016-2018)
· The Legal 500 US Finance: Structured Finance (2015, 2017)
· Chambers USA Capital Markets: Securitization (Nationwide) (2012-2017)
· IFLR1000 “Recognized Lawyer in the US” for Structured Finance and Securitization (2017)