Lisa Stark is a partner in the firm’s Wilmington office and Editor-in-Chief of Business Law Today. Lisa has over 15 years of corporate experience in such areas as mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, initial public offerings, proxy contests, and hostile takeovers. She also has experience advising private and public companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance matters. Lisa also advises private equity and venture capital funds in connection with their investments in Delaware corporations.
Lisa began her career as a corporate litigator and worked on some of the most prominent deal-related cases of the past two decades including:
- In re Siliconix Inc. Shareholders Litigation, No. Civ. A. 18700, (Del. Ch. June 19, 2001)
- Loventhal v. Hilton Hotels Corp., C.A. No. 17803 (Sept. 27, 2000)
- Harrah’s Entm’t, Inc. v. JCC Holding Co., 802 A.2d 294 (Del. Ch. 2002)
- Benchmark Capital Partners IV L.P. v. Vague, C. A. No. 1979 (Del. Ch. July 15, 2002)
- Goldman v. Isaacs, No. C.A. No. 18732 (Del. Ch. Dec. 17, 2001)
- Hollinger Int’l, Inc. v. Black, 844 A.2d 1022 (Del. Ch.), judgment entered, (Del. Ch. 2004), aff’d, 872 A.2d 559 (Del. 2005).
She continues to provide advice and litigate in connection with deal-related litigation.
Lisa is very active in the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association. In addition to being Editor-in-Chief of the Editorial Board of Business Law Today, the Business Law Section’s monthly business law publication, Lisa is also the content director and Jurisprudence Subcommittee co-chair for the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee, and she is a Delaware Court liaison for the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee. She also sits on the Business Law Section’s Marketing Board.