Michael Labriola is a partner working out of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s Washington, D.C., and New York City offices, where he counsels public and private technology and emerging growth companies through all stages of their growth. Michael also frequently represents investment banks, venture capital funds, and private equity firms in a broad range of investment transactions.
Michael’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law, including general corporate representation, public offerings, venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions. He has assisted clients with matters ranging from formation and early-stage venture financing to listings of publicly traded securities on U.S. and foreign exchanges. He also has considerable experience in counseling publicly held companies on disclosure matters, SEC compliance, NASDAQ and NYSE listing matters, and other securities laws issues.
Prior to law school, Michael was a senior auditor with Arthur Andersen LLP’s Chesapeake-region growth, services, and products assurance practice and later with Ernst & Young LLP’s assurance and business advisory division. While at Arthur Andersen and Ernst & Young, Michael audited public, private, and not-for-profit entities in several sectors, including telecommunications and technology. Michael is a certified public accountant in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Representation of issuers and/or selling stockholders in numerous public offerings, including comScore, Inc., Cvent, Inc., Amkor Technology, Inc., Luna Innovations Incorporated, ICX Technologies Inc., Intellon Corporation, Eastman Kodak Co., Yext, Inc., and TPI Composites
- Representation of underwriters such as Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Jefferies, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and RBC in numerous public offerings, including for issuers such as Millennial Media, Inc., Wix.com Ltd., MediData Solutions, Inc., Borderfree, Inc., King Digital Entertainment plc, Opower, Inc., Appian Corporation, and MongoDB, Inc.
- Corporate, securities, and governance representation of numerous public and private issuers, including comScore, Inc., Cvent, Inc., Allconnect, Inc., Dealer.com, Inc., Luna Innovations Incorporated, Amkor Technology, Inc., Approva Corporation, Gartner, Inc., Mylan Inc., Nuance Communications, Inc., Pixeloptics, Inc., Safenet Holding Corporation, Rudolph Technologies, Inc., Vitacost.com Inc., Yext, Inc., FiscalNote, Monzo, and Uncharted Play
- Representation of venture capital and private equity investors, including New Enterprise Associates, Edison Ventures, Digital Power Capital, NGP Energy Technology Partners, International Finance Corporation, SWaN & Legend, Warburg Pincus, and Emerson Collective
- Acquisitions, dispositions, and other strategic transactions by numerous public and private companies, including Gartner, Inc., TIBCO Software, comScore, Inc., Polycom, Cvent, Inc., Allconnect, Inc., Approva Corporation, and Autodesk Inc.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2005
- B.S., Commerce (concentrations in Finance and Accounting), University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, 2000, With Distinction