Partner. Richard joined Gómez-Acebo & Pombo in 1986 and became a partner in 1999.
Education and professional career
- Master of Law from the University of Barcelona (1997).
- Doctor of Law (J.D.) from the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento (1986)
- Post-doctorate degree in International Law from the McGeorge School of Law (Sacramento and Salzburg)(1986)
- B.A. in History from the University of Maryland (1980).
Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate and Contract Law.
Membership of Professional Bodies and Associations
- Bar Associations of California (since 1987), Madrid (since 1997) and Barcelona (since 2003).
- American Bar Association and International Bar Association.
- Co-Chair of the Sub-Committee on International Developments in Corporate Governance, Corporate Governance Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Vice-Chair of the International M&A Joint Venture Committee of the Section of International Law of the ABA.
- Senior Advisor of the International Energy & Natural Resources Committee of the ABA Section of International Law (ABA International).
- Former Chair of the International Energy and Natural Resources Committee, International Law Section from the American Bar Association.
English, Spanish and French.
- He is Co-Chair of the ABA European Deal Points Study.
- International Mergers and Acquistions Due Diligence, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, ABA Business Law Section, 2007.
- He is a collaborator of Doing Business in Spain, Matthew Bender and Collier International Business Insolvency Guide, Lexis-Nexis.