Rita O’Neill is a partner in the General Practice Group and serves as co-head of the Global Private Equity Group. She has a broad-based practice that includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings, and providing general corporate advice on disclosure and governance. She has advised clients in a wide range of industries, including apparel, financial institutions, healthcare and life sciences, semiconductors, telecommunications and transportation.
Rankings and Recognitions
- Named the 2017 Rising Star – Corporate at Euromoney’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards.
- Named among the Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers of 2017. The list recognizes women lawyers in California who are at the top of their practice.
- Named among Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2017 Women Worth Watching
- Recognized as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 (2014-2018)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States in 2017 and 2014 for Private Equity Buyouts and in 2014 for Capital markets: equity offerings – advice to issuers and managers
- Recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal in 2014 as one of the “Women Making a Difference” in Los Angeles
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Member of S&C’s Women’s Initiative Committee and vice chair of the ABA’s Women in M&A Task Force
- Vice chair of the ABA’s M&A Market Trends Subcommittee and chair of its inaugural Deal Points Study on Carveout Transactions
- Active provider of pro bono legal services with a particular focus on education, foster youth and animal rights