Sacha Jamal is a knowledge management (KM) lawyer at Sidley Austin LLP, where he develops and implements the firm’s KM strategy and thought leadership for its 475+ lawyer M&A and PE global practice group. With approximately 20 years of experience, Sacha is passionate about helping lawyers develop efficiencies and turn complicated ideas into actionable advice. He also leads training programs, monitors market and legal developments and helps the firm’s lawyers develop creative solutions for complex legal and business issues.
Prior to joining Sidley, Sacha was a corporate associate at an international law firm working on M&A, private equity and securities matters. He represented a wide range of clients including GE, OMERS, Hicks Muse, Irving Place Capital, Diamond Castle, Hunt Financial, HBK, Koch Industries, Lindsay Goldberg, Lehman Brothers, Lone Star Technologies, International Wire Group and Texas Instruments. Sacha was also a secondee to Panasonic Corporation in Japan for a year.
Sacha regularly presents cases at the ABA’s M&A Jurisprudence Subcommittee. His publications include:
- “Possible Shift in Delaware Law: Buyer’s Silence on Sandbagging Is Not Golden” (co-author) in Business Law Today (Sep. 28, 2018)
- Annual Survey of Judicial Developments – M&A (contributor) in Business Lawyer (2018 & 2017)
- “3 Contract Drafting Myths Debunked” (co-author) in Law360 (Oct. 30, 2017)
- Annual Survey of Judicial Developments – Venture Capital (contributor) in Business Lawyer (2017-18)
- “Post-Closing Liability Risks For Private Equity Firms” (co-author) in Law360 (Apr. 27, 2017)
- “What Private Equity Buyers Are Doing to Win” (co-author) in Law360 (Dec. 22, 2014)
- “The Latest Tips You Must Know Before You Go-Shop” (co-author) in Private Equity Alert (Oct. 2010)
- “Qualifying as an Excluded Party in a Go-Shop: Can You Wake Up Late But Still Say You Were On Time?” (co-author) in Private Equity Alert (Aug. 2007)