Tom Mitchell serves as Chair of the Management Committee and is a nationally recognized finance lawyer with over 25 years of experience representing large financial institutions.
Tom is the Chair of the Management Committee and serves on the Diversity Committee. Prior to taking on the role as Chair in 2018, he served as head of the Financial Services group which now consists of over 90 lawyers, and was a member of the Management Committee.
He is a seasoned finance lawyer with extensive experience representing financial institutions in syndicated credit facilities in a wide variety of industries, with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance. He has been consistently recognized as a leading banking and finance lawyer in Chambers USA, IFLR 1000 and Best Lawyers in America. Chambers USA describes Tom as a “go-to attorney for major financial institutions” and states that peers “think very highly of him.”
Tom is actively involved in the community. He serves on the board and executive committee of the Charlotte Executive Leadership Council and co-chairs its Community Engagement/Economic Development Committee. He also serves on the Law Council at Washington and Lee University School of Law.
- Chair, Moore & Van Allen Management Committee, 2018-present
- Named a “Key Lawyer,” Commercial Lending, Legal 500 US, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Charlotte Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2020
- Chambers USA – North Carolina, Banking & Finance, 2011-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2013-2022
- Member, Moore & Van Allen Diversity Committee
- IFLR1000, Highly Regarded – Banking, 2018-2021
- Member, 2040 Center City Vision Plan Steering Committee
- Board Member and Member of the Executive Committee, Charlotte Executive Leadership Council, 2018-present
- Member and Co-Chair of Community Engagement/Economic Development Committee, Charlotte Executive Leadership Council, 2018-present
- Member, Law Council, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2017-present
- Former Board Member, American Heart Association Greater Charlotte Division
- American Bar Association: Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association: Business Law Section